InterestsHere are links to stuff I'm interested in...
DogsIn case you missed their links on the home page... first we had Ada (1990 - 2003),
then Ruby (2001 - 2015) and now Elmer (2008 - )
The Internet (well, YouTube, to be specific) was practically made for dogs.
- Excellent sports commentary on dog shenanigans
- Maddie on Things
- Which brings to mind William Wegman's fabulous work with Weimaraners
- Who Raided the Garbage?
- Gus wants his pool inside
- Cat friend vs dog friend
- Guy tells dog what he ate
- A Magician Tricks Dogs
- Bad dogs shamed with signs
- Dog Hunts Wolf
- and the funniest cat video ever
- Training a service dog
- Modern Dog Magazine
- Bark Magazine
- Excellent pet cost guide
- Clinical Trials for Pets
MoviesWhat's not to love? Even really bad ones have some entertainment value... but these links may help you avoid the real stinkers.
- Rotten Tomatoes - reviews at a glance
- Internet Movie Data Base
- New York Times movie reviews, lists and interviews
- Rolling Stone
- FilmThreat is "truth in entertainment" including reviews of film festival entries.
- Roger Ebert Chicago Sun-Times reviews, lists, archived reviews
- Entertainment Weekly
- Mystery Science Theatre 3000 if you like your B movies and industrial films with stoner commentary.
T'ai ChiT'ai Chi (also translated as Tai Chi, T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Taiji, etc.) is an ancient Chinese discipline of fluid movement, breathing and meditation. Originally conceived as a martial art, today it is primarily practiced for its health benefits. Daily practice will yield increased flexibility and energy, focus and concentration, calm and stress reduction. I have been studying Yang style tai chi. Here are some related sites:
Yang Style Short Form (24): There are subtle differences in each practice
- Yang's 10 Important Points of Practice for Taijiquan
- 10 Essential Points of Practice for Tai Chi Chuan
- a nice bit of history and overview
- Jiamin Gao - Chinese Queen of Tai Chi! (skip first minute of confused intro)
- Don't know who this is (skip beginiing 35-second intro)
- three people practice the form
Yang Style Long Form (108): Again, there are differences in each practice
Home Paintings Interiors Résumé Other PRs Interests
Copyright © 2000-2021 Polly Roberts. All rights reserved.